Saturday, May 14, 2011

Baking in our tiny kitchen last night, two of us, while he serenaded the room with his guitar. In bed at midnight, they, up at 6:30 to harvest greens and fiddleheads, while I snuck an extra hour of sleep. She is such a lucky thing to have found. At 20, so committed. I've missed waking to a house that smells this delicious.

The first market is this morning, in 30 minutes. Rain is forecasted all day. Still, in the park near the river, I'm excited to make up a thermos of tea and spend it there with friends.

An aside: hearing myself be called/considered "older" by this new generation of conscious kids is still a trip. What a deceptively accelerated time, the mid & late 20's. A few years ago I was a kid, now I'm an adult. The line is not blurred- but where did it come from.

Okay, coffee and getting out the door. Happy Saturday, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment