Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lentil soup: curry and saffron brought back from Africa by a dear friend, sour cream, lemon, loads of olive oil. Yum.

The entire farm has been empty all day, save for me. If you knew this place, you'd know how rare that was. A dreary, quiet day alone on the property. D took our wwoofers into town to poster at about noon, a rare trip sans cell phone. I'm actually a wee bit worried about them, as were at 4.5 hours now. Thats what happens when you get so used to cell phones, I guess.

I keep being surprised at how luxurious having weekends off feels, now that they're mine again (however briefly, I am sure). To sleep in, slowly make crepes in my pajamas, go through the day with epic bedhead, tidy our home, cook, bake, read, compute, relax, etc; it's amazing. This compared to the four days at the end of the week being comprised of something like 4 or 5 odd hours of sleep, with baking and dishes and baking and market and dishes and baking on the other ends. It's truly lovely. And baking for myself again? We won't even get into that.

And the rest of the day? Dreaming of building a one room cabin in the woods. With a sleeping loft and a good porch and a wood fired stove around which all things revolve. Dreaming, but still. It's a happy way to spend a rainy day. And now to check the banana bread in the oven & greet the car I just heard pull up outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment