Thursday, March 24, 2011

A clean kitchen, the last stick of incense, a pinapple and banana smoothie, the new Dadant catalog, Rumi, and the closely impending weekend (well, we're at the transition [our town name here] festival Saturday,but there's a bottle of whiskey and the best of folks lined up for tomorrow night;
it's near enough for me).Also: I am fully blissed out on Vampire Weekend's Contra. I know, right? Oops.D & I rented a car and ran away for my birthday earlier this week. A random town chosen on a map based on it's name and proximity to a freshwater coast turned out not to be a town at all, but rather a house at the end of an uninhabited 4k long single lane road. No room to turn around, equal parts of ice, sinky mud, slush, and bare dirt, hill after hill after sharp corner after sharp corner, bordered on either side by small trees, marsh, or snowbanks. The rental car had full coverage.
I giggled like a six year old while trying not to get stuck. In the middle of nowhere. It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment