Thursday, February 17, 2011

If there have been days this stressful in all my life, I don't remember them. I hope I don't remember these, either. Holy. I woke up every hour last night to look at the clock, realizing it was only 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, etc. At one point he woke up as well, and mumbled some excited declaration about how it was the coolest version with the most advanced features. I was conscious enough to ask him what he was talking about. We agreed that it was an atlatl. Gotta get all your tricked out features.

Baking today before the sun rose. I still must dig us out from under the mountain of bowls, spoons, sheets, and knives that bound out of our sink four days a week, sometimes more. Hey, lets start a bakery without a dishwasher. Great idea.

Even better: let's start a bakery, talk of seriously expanding it, enter some strange, grown-up-style-turbulent sort of civic duty, work on two budgets at once (yay, starting another business that you have no experience in & don't know where to start, you just found your way through that!), hire interns, and feel the pressure of the ever so quickly approaching next nine months of your life on your doorstep, as the rain melts the safety of the snow..

I might be melting a little bit.

I need a drive down the Oregon coast. Yurts, dirty hair, and bottles of wine. Good West Coast coffee. Mountains. Sea. The air this time of year in places other than here. I need a proper vacation; the sort long and uninterrupted enough to do any good.

Not a restart, weeks away.

Oh, my. I think I'll have to settle on pizza and a milkshake. But first, I'll have to do these dishes and wait for the market to close so I can have my husband back until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment